Materials to the “round table” on trade and finance
March, 9, day 1
1. International trade system in G8
chairman: Felix Dods, UK
coordinator: Olga Ponizova, Russia
• Olga Ponizova, “Eco-Accord”
• Michael Frein, EDD, Germany
• Aleksey Portansky, WTO Information Center, Russia
• How successfully do the G8 countries carry out their duties in the sphere of the international trade, in particular, according to the Doha negotiations round? How does it effect the countries that are not members of the G8?
• What new initiatives and duties on the international trade maybe posed at the coming G8 Summit?
• What should be done in the international trade to better reflect the needs of the developing and transit economy countries?
2. Financing for development.
* Olga Ponizova, Eco-agreement, Russia
* Sara Klein, Oxfam
* Nancy Alexander, Citizens’ Network on Essential Services, USA
* are The G8 countries successfully carrying out there duties on developing countries financing, in particular, financing Africa, public health, poverty reduction problems.
* What new initiatives and duties in the sphere of development financing can be posed at the coming G8 Summit?
March 10, day 2,
• Emanuelle Argo, Avenir Nepad.
• In which ways do the G8 countries carry out their decisions about helping Africa nad what else can be done to improve the effectiveness of this help?
• In which ways can civil society organizations participate in the organization of the African Partnership Forum taking place in autumn 2006.
Discussion of the civil society organizations, working on the trade and finance problems, further participating in the G8 work.
Working out the list of recommendations for the Forum declaration.