NGO proposals on other issues
Recommendations of the participants of the international conference “The Family in Poly-ethnic Area” (Moscow, May 15, 2006)
Within the Conference its participants have stressed that,
1) The strengthening of family in modern poly-ethnic area is a very important issue. Today, when the World faces international and inter-ethnic conflicts turning into a total catastrophe able to liquidate the civilization itself it is very important that family should become a basis and a guarantee of the humankind existence.
2) The family can serve as a basis for tolerance, culture, kindness, humanistic morality, responsibility and spirituality.
3) The family serves also as an instrument of transferring culture and traditions from one generation to another. All the humankind history shows that there is no alternative to the family. As a result the stability of a state depends directly of the stability of its families.
4) The modern family survives a deep crisis today. The increasing number of divorces, childless families, losing family values and inter-generation ties are its obvious consequences.
5) The destructive influence on the human increases, and, as a result, the deformation of moral and spiritual values and moral and ethic norms.
All mentioned above engenders a deep concern for the future of our nation and the future of the mankind in general.
The participants of the Conference invited the G8 governments:
- To solve the problems of today’s families through a dialogue between the society, ethnic and religious communities, the authorities, because only such a dialogue should allow to find mutual understanding and a solution to the most acute problems. To lead the dialogue we need a political will and the civil position of societies.
- To contribute to arising the states of a traditional family within the society to solve demographic problems influencing national interests of the developed states.
- To implement widely the social advertising being effective instrument of forming moral values of the family and the society, tolerance between representatives of various nationalities and religions, ethic behavior within the society, purity of language and culture of communication.
- To elaborate and implement target national programs aimed at keeping and strengthening national family traditions
- Due to the increasing migration, together with interethnic conflicts (particularly, within the families) to conduct the all-European migration conference
- To conclude two- and multisided treaties aimed at protection of children and mogrants’ rights