Civil G8 2006

Civil G8 — is your opportunity
to discuss global problems!

earth

News

Russian President Vladimir Putin at the Council of Sages invited all interested parties to solve the problem of peace agreement with Japan on the base of national interests and international law

Russian President Vladimir Putin attended today the session of Russian-Japanese Council of Sages in Moscow region. According to ITAR-TASS Agency, Russian President called this representative Forum very positive and important.
Vladimir Putin expressed hope that the recommendations on bilateral relations being discussed at this Forum will allow the two countries to overpass all the existing difficulties.
“I agree that the relations between Russia and Japan are very important not only for our states but for the entire world as well, - he said. – Our countries are solving together the non-proliferation problems, as well as the issues of fighting terrorism, drug smuggling, and common efforts against organized crime”.
“We have enormous prospects in the energy and fuel sphere, - added Russian President. – It’s a pity that two states still have no peace agreement”.
According to Vladimir Putin, it is very important to provide interests of businessman of Russia and Japan, to develop contacts between civil societies and Mass Media, to strengthen exchanges of youth, sportsmen, scientists delegations.
According to Igor Titov, the Russian responsible for the project, the participants paid a special attention to Russian-Japanese relationship at the energy and education sphere. “The special attention was paid to these issues because they will be included into the G8 summit agenda in St Petersburg”, - he said.

Expert opinion

Halter Marek

Halter Marek
Le College de France
Olivier Giscard d’Estaing

Olivier Giscard d’Estaing
COPAM, France
Mika Ohbayashi

Mika Ohbayashi
Institute for Sustainable Energy Poliñy
Bill Pace

Bill Pace