Civil G8 2006

Civil G8 — is your opportunity
to discuss global problems!

earth

Expert Opinion

Clifford Neil Davies

National Governors Association and The City Portsmouth Girls School

The success of the NGOs recommendations rest with the Sherpas and how much they understood what messages we as a group were trying to get across. If people returned from Moscow in March and started to lobby people back in their own country then we stand a very good chance of success. G8 leaders will not decide on the day in St Petersburg, they would have their ministers of government research the recommendations from the Civil G8 NGOs. If the outcome of the Moscow summit is conveyed as enthusiastically in written form as it was orally then one would hope that many of the recommendations would be passed. Some recommendations, as is always the case, will be easier to implement than others

There are a number of keys to success. Networking with other "experts" is one and meticulous preparation is another. The single most beneficial thing I think you can do to pass on the baton is to ensure that this message gets across. Any delegates attending Germany will need to have goals (targets) clearly defined well in advance of their attendance.

Expert opinion

Halter Marek

Halter Marek
Le College de France
Olivier Giscard d’Estaing

Olivier Giscard d’Estaing
COPAM, France
Mika Ohbayashi

Mika Ohbayashi
Institute for Sustainable Energy Poliñy
Bill Pace

Bill Pace