Civil G8 2006

Civil G8 — is your opportunity
to discuss global problems!

earth

News

Your voice against poverty

Sign here – MOVEMENT AGAINST POVERTY

Give your voice against poverty, and remind your Leader and the G8 to act on the promises they have made to help the world’s poorest people.

In 2000 your Government, along with all other UN countries, committed to halving extreme poverty by 2015. In 2005 G8 leaders made some significant commitments on poverty in Gleneagles. To end poverty, the G8 must keep their promises, and give further commitments to eradicate extreme poverty where existing promises have fallen short.

This year is a great opportunity for the German Government to show leadership on poverty eradication, and for all G8 leaders to take real action to life millions out of poverty.

When the G8 hear our voices, they must act. Give your voice against poverty by sending an email to your Leader and to Chancellor Angela Merkel who leads the G8 in this crucial year.

Message to leaders

Attn: Mr. Putin, President of the Russian Federation
Cc: G8 leaders

I am writing to you as concerned citizen of your country, to ask that you make the G8 Summit this year really count for the world’s poorest people. All G8 leaders have a responsibility to keep your promises, and do more to end poverty.

Keep your word! Make the promises of more and better aid, debt relief and trade justice into concrete change that will lift millions out of poverty. You can make 2007 a decisive year in the fight against poverty.

Millions of people have already pledged their support as part of the Global Call to Action against Poverty. Keep this crucial issue at the heart of your work in the G8. I am sending you my voice against poverty.

Data protection statement

‘The data given will be saved in a database by ´Russian Movement against poverty’. If you are visiting us from another country, we will instead send your data to either the relevant national campaign in that country, or where no national campaign exists, with the global campaign (Global Call to Action against Poverty – GCAP). Your details will not under any circumstances be shared with any third parties. Sending this form is taken as consent to receive more information and updates about the global anti-poverty campaign, as well as consent that you will be counted in the total number of actions comprising the GCAP ‘voices campaign’ targeting leaders. You can unsubscribe at any time, and details of how to unsubscribe will be contained in all future messages.’

Expert opinion

Halter Marek

Halter Marek
Le College de France
Olivier Giscard d’Estaing

Olivier Giscard d’Estaing
COPAM, France
Mika Ohbayashi

Mika Ohbayashi
Institute for Sustainable Energy Poliñy
Bill Pace

Bill Pace